Retirement and Life Course
- Moen, P., S. Sweet, R. Swisher and Phyllis Moen. 2005. "Embedded Career Clocks: The Case of Retirement Planning." Pp. 237 in The Structure of the Life Course: Standardized? Individualized? Differentiated? vol. 9, edited by Ross Macmillan. Oxford : Elsevier. [pdf] [copyright]
- Heisler, E., G. W. Evans and Phyllis Moen. 2004. "Health and Social Outcomes of Moving to a Continuing Care Retirement Community " Journal of Housing for the Elderly 18:5-23. [pdf] [copyright]
- Smith, D. B. and Phyllis Moen. 2003. "Retirement Satisfaction for Retirees and their Spouses: Do Gender and the Retirement Decision-Making Process Matter? " Journal of Family Issues 24:1-24. [pdf] [copyright]
- Kim, J. and Phyllis Moen. 2002. "Retirement Transitions, Gender, and Psychological Well-being: A Life-Course Approach." Journal of Gerontology: Psychological Sciences 57B:P212-P222. [pdf] [copyright]
- Krout, J., Phyllis Moen, H. Holmes, J. Oggins and N. Bowen. 2002. "Reasons for Relocation to a Continuing Care Retirement Community." Journal of Applied Gerontology 21:236-256. [pdf] [copyright]
- Pillemer, K., Moen, P., Wethington E., and Glasgow, N. (Eds). 2000. Social Integration in the Second Half of Life. Baltimore: The Johns Hopkins Press.
- Marler, J. and Phyllis Moen. 2005. "Alternative Employment Arrangements: A Gender Perspective " Sex Roles: A Journal of Research 52(5/6): 337-349. [pdf] [copyright]
- Sweet, S. and Phyllis Moen. 2004. "Coworking as a Career Strategy: Implications for the Work and Family Lives of University Employees " Innovative Higher Education 28:255-272.. [pdf] [copyright]
- Moen, Phyllis and S. Sweet. 2004. "From 'Work-Family' to 'Flexible Careers': A Life Course Reframing " Community, Work, & Family 7:209-226. [pdf] [copyright]
- Moen, Phyllis and S. Sweet. 2002. "Two Careers, One Employer: Couples Working for the Same Corporation." Journal of Vocational Behavior 61:466-483. [pdf] [copyright]
- Clarkberg, M. and Phyllis Moen. 2001. "Understanding the Time-Squeeze: Married Couples Preferred and Actual Work-Hour Strategies." American Behavioral Scientist 44:1115-1136. [pdf] [copyright]
- Moen, P. 1989. Working Parents: Transformations in Gender Roles and Public Policies in Sweden. Madison, WI: University of Wisconsin Press.
Gendered and Adult Development
- Moen, Phyllis and Vivian Fields. 2002. "Midcourse in the United States : Does Unpaid Community Participation Replace Paid Work? " Aging International 27:21-48. [pdf] [copyright]